Translate

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Mystery of the Play Field Steps

Every school year I notice changes around the school yard. Sometimes I'm able to make connections with what's going on at our school with what we're studying in class. For example, the picture below is a mystery. I'm not sure what happened, but I have a theory as a scientist. I'm thinking that this connects to the Landforms Unit. Are you able to make any connections? Look at the stairs to the Play Field. There have been changes that have occurred over time to the earth that borders the perimeter of the stairs.










Q1: How did so much sediment end up on the sidewalk leading to the stairs?

3 comments:

  1. how many day's did it tolk to billd it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be interesting to take some measurements each school year and post the data. What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete